When it comes to adding summer clothes to your wardrobe I like to think of two categories….closet essentials and trendy pieces. I’ve talked about closest essentials a ton on the blog and on my YouTube channel. This is your capsule wardrobe, pieces you should always have on hand. We can touch on that in another post, my main goal for putting this blog post together was to share my top 10 summer closet essentials for anyone and everyone. No matter what your style is, these summer closet essentials are a must-have in any wardrobe.
How do you dress trendy in the summer?
When it comes to summer clothes and what’s on-trend I like to stick to the classic trends. Think linen, straw, and texture. Just adding a few summer accessories to your wardrobe will instantly add the perfect style element you need to feel on-trend all summer long. I love this straw hat and this straw tote. They are both essentials when it comes to putting together the perfect summer outfit. Oversized sunnies are another way to add a trendy element to your summer style. I love this pair from Amazon.
How do you look put together in the summer?
Looking put together in the summer is easy if you remember not to go overboard with the trends. Keep it to a minimum with the summer staples. That’s all you need to style up an outfit and instantly make it feel chic and put together. I know this post is focusing on summer closet essentials but I do want to mention a few summer clothes that I recommend you add, depending on your style.
Linen is a summer clothes must have for me. I also love adding rompers and dresses to my wardrobe. I love the whole one-and-done outfits. It makes it easy to dress for summer and pack the essential summer clothes when traveling. I also love a good utility romper and this one from Abercrombie is so cute. I also added this tank dress to my cart, it was only $34! Another summer clothes favorite is blue stripes and this short sleeve romper is another great find. Check out more summer clothes I recommend here.
My top 10 summer outfits
I put together a top 10 list of all my favorite summer closet essentials. When I put this list together I had everyone in mind. I didn’t want it to be summer clothes specific, but instead, the must-have summer accessories that every girl needs. Check out the full list down below and let me know what you think.
- Straw Hat – this Brixton straw hat is the perfect way to instantly summer up your outfit. It’s my personal favorite and can be styled so many different ways.
- Sticky Bra – Off-the-shoulder and cutouts are a summer staple, so a good sticky bra is a must. This sticky bra is super supportive and comes in a ton of sizes and several skin tones.
- Straw Tote – Another summer accessory must-have is a good straw tote. This Chloe tote and this Tory Burch tote are perfect.
- Denim Shorts – Every year I pick a few cut-off shorts that I then wear all season long. My top picks for this year’s denim shorts are these Good American shorts and this Agolde pair.
- Oversized Sunglasses – These oversized sunglasses from Amazon are my most worn sunglasses. I have 4 pairs, they are that good. They are the perfect size and shape and look way more expensive than they are.
- Neutral Sandals – It’s no secret that I love my neutrals, but whether you are more my style or perfect a more colorful palette and good nude/neutral sandals are a must. These Tory Burch sandals are a go-to and these flip-flops are a must-have, I just ordered a pair.
- Crossbody/Travel Handbag – It’s peak travel season in the summer and that means you need a versatile handbag. I also prefer to have a non-logo handbag when traveling so as to not catch anyone’s attention. This Senreve bag is one of my favorites since it’s so versatile and it comes in a ton of colors. This Balmain handbag is another crossbody handbag option I am loving this season too.
- Basic Tees – Any closet essentials list I make will always include a basic tee. They really are a year-round must. When looking for the perfect basic tee for summer, I want a lightweight v-neck. This linen blend v-neck is this seasons top pick. Grab it in your basic colors and a few fun colors too!
- Mule Heel – Sometimes you just need a heel and I’ve been a fan of the mule heel for a while now. It’s surprisingly comfortable for a heel since there is so much foot coverage and a thicker heel. Plus, this style literally goes with everything. Test it, it really does. These Vince-heeled sandals are one of my all-time favorite styles. I had the previous version and wore them for years. I recommend sizing up half!
- Espadrille/Wedges – Eliminate the dreaded heel sink with a stylish wedge this summer. These Steve Madden espadrilles can be styled up or down and again, super comfortable for a heel.
Do we need a re-cap of year-round closet essentials, the capsule wardrobe? Let me know in the comments below and I can add that to my blog content calendar. I hope you enjoyed this blog post. It was fun putting this together. Make sure to let me know you stopped by and leave a comment below.